Laboratory Analysis / Process Analysis:
- Potential analysis
- Process identification and -quantification
- Reactant selection
- Bio augmentation
PROCESS ANALYSIS LABORATORY, KIEL
Our process analysis laboratory in Kiel is focused on implementing feasibility studies of environmental remediation projects. These studies aim at significantly increasing remediation projects ‘prospect of success by acquiring site-specific data on microbial and chemical degradation processes as well as crucial project data on accompanying reactions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are microbial degradation processes present at the particular site and could microbial degradation potentially be accelerated?
- Which local limiting factors restrict biological degradation?
- Could chemical oxidation (ISCO) degrade the measured contamination and how large is the expected reactant consumption?
M. Sc. Eike Sophie Winkler
Telefon (0431) 389 009-48
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY LABORATORY, BERLIN
Today, bio molecular analyses allow for delivering reliable answers tor recurrent questions on how to successfully treat chlorinated hydrocarbons contamination. These comparably inexpensive bio molecular analyses cost many times less than the high expenses associated with an unsuccessful in-situ remediation project. Using qPCR on environmental (soil and groundwater) samples, the key genes necessary for completely dechlorinating chlorinated hydrocharbons (CHC) vcrA and bvcA are quantified.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does the site have sufficient self-remediating potential (MNA)?
- What are the risks of accumulating metabolites as c-DCE und VC?
- Is the introduction of special bacteria (Bioaugmentation) useful or even necessary to achieve remediation goals?
Telefon (030) 809 415 76
MICROBIOLOGICAL LABORATORY, COLOGNE
Our microbiological laboratory in Cologne, Germany, is specialized on contaminant-degrading microorganism isolation, enrichment, fermentation and commercial propagation. Microorganisms that are naturally abundant in soil samples and that are able to degrade certain contaminants are cultivated in controlled laboratory environments. These degradation specialists are selectively grown and enriched under optimal growth conditions for further use in our biotechnological remediation procedures. Subsequently, mixed culture bulk stocks are produced in bioreactors. This enables us to preserve the respective specialist culture for different contaminant groups and to strategically implement them if necessary.
Sensatec possesses a wide array of technical skills and deep knowledge on widespread soil contamination treatments in both temperate and extreme climate conditions. Our company holds a comprehensive microbial culture collection, containing species with specific degradation abilities.
Telefon (02204) 9726-14